Tuesday, June 21, 2011

High Class

Good Tuesday Afternoon! I wanted to create a quick post of a page I made over the past few days. It was inspired by this week's palette at The Color Room:




I thought it was a hard one. I know I didn't nail it, but this selection DID finally get me to scrap a photo I've been hanging onto for a couple years:


This is my son; a little over two years old. Like the journaling says, I don't know WHERE his pants got to, but I do remember thinking one thing as soon as I saw him sitting there. This would make a perfect photo to share with his prom date 16 years down the road! Yeah, I aspire to be that kind of mom.

The goodies used are mixed from a few companies. I often try to use just one collection on my pages that it was a personal challenge for me to find mish-mashed pieces to use together. It was kinda fun!

The red paper is from a Fall stack by DCWV.

The die cut car (that I managed to cover up while playing with other stuff) is a piece of grunge paper, cut out with a background car shape on the Cricut cartridge, Summer In Paris. It was a total fluke that I created weeks ago. I was trying to cut out car shapes my son might like to use on his Father's Day card, but was wrong about exactly which direction would be four inches. I was hoping it would be bumper-to-bumper, but it was roof-to-floor. Waste not, want not!...

The pinwheel, title spot, plane and fire truck are from the Crate Paper collection, Toy Box. I had to start rooting through my son's toy stash to find them, too! He's starting to swipe my goodies.

The pop bottle is from Cosmo Cricket's collection, Boyfriend.

The journal spot and bingo card are part of a collection by Memory Makers, 100 Days of Summer.

Like, I said, quick post. I didn't opt for close ups because I didn't do any great technique work here. My main goal was to distract myself for a little while. Mission accomplished. Now to see how my son reacts 16 years from now....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to tell me what you think. I'd like to hear from you.