Saturday, June 4, 2011

Dude!

Hello! Hello! How does this day find you? I guess it finds me pretty well. Having an extra week off of chemo (this past week) seems to bode well for my desire to make pretty things; pages anyhow. On a whim, I checked out the most recent color combination from The Color Room.


Since I love pairing greens and blues, this was an absolute must for me! I even thought the sketch they provided was rockin'. So, this is what I made:



The photos are some I took with my phone, while waiting for my dad to pick up take out. At first, this boy was not a hat lover. Then he became strongly opposed to sun in his eyes. As you can see, he makes sure this will never happen again. Really, I wanted to use this page as an opportunity to simply tell him that he's a very goofy boy and that I love that about him. I have to say, I had a blast creating this page. It felt really true to me.



The top three gears are Dusty Attic chip board. At first I drenched them in Glimmer Mist (as well as the stamp frame), but it seemed too dark once it dried. To make up for it, I dabbed some Aqua Paint Dabbers on all four items. I think it helped. Evidently, the gears also needed a bit of pretteh-fying, hence the Prima E Line pearls.



The journal spot is half of the backing used for an old (and used) package of Prima flowers.



The skull-and-crossbones is a die cut from the Slice cartridge, Just Chillin'. I sprayed the lime green paper with Glimmer Mist (dragonfly)....then realized I was about to have entirely too much Lime Green Stickles in my stash. So, I covered the skull with a generous dollup of the bottle that had set up residence first. The gear below this is a metal one from Tim Holtz.

The stitching is thanks to a brand new toy for me -- Sew Easy. I'm still not sure if I love it. There seems to be a bit of a learning curve. Originally, I wanted to use lime green floss, but evidently I'm fresh out. The painted tribal looking thing is more of the Aqua Paint dabber.



The ribbon along the bottom was gifted to me from my SIL. The stamped stars below this are thanks to a stamp from Sassafrass Lass. The alphas are Echo Park.



The spinner/arrow is another piece from Tim Holtz and the frog above it (Prima) has been sitting in my stash for a year and a half. I finally tried to use it, but it wants to fall apart if I try to pull it off the film...So, I just cut out the clear film and attached THAT to my frame.

Well, that's pretty much it for today. I'm about to kick off a crazy week -- hopefully another round of chemo...and a meeting with my oncologist to review my progress and where we go from here. I might not be crafting at all in the following week or longer. I gotta say, I've enjoyed feeling this good. I hope to feel it again soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to tell me what you think. I'd like to hear from you.