Thursday, July 21, 2011

Bella Creations Tiny Dancer Tag

Good Thursday Morning! I thought I'd pop in quickly to put something pretty in this space. Many of you know already that I have a special love for the site, Bella Creations. It's such a rich source of inspiration for any kind of crafting you enjoy. If you haven't heard of them yet, I encourage you to check them out!

In the month of July, they've had loads of amazing challenges. I'm still working on some, but I'm pretty pleased with the tag I created, thanks to the Oh La La group.


The image of the weary ballerina is courtesy of Gecko Galz Scrapbooking -- loads of stunning digital images! At first, I found myself wondering why she was so tired; perhaps she danced just a little too much that evening. Perhaps she's been burning the candle at both ends, like so many Super Women on this rock. This sounds like a few of my closest friends.

Over the course of a few days, I thought about this image and my friends. Eventually, my thoughts lighted on a song by Cage the Elephant. It seemed a perfect fit; especially since one of my candle-burning friends has been telling me for fifteen years, "I'll sleep when I'm dead." This lead me to insert a piece inside the tag; just for her.


Below, I found the song on You Tube. If you like your music punky, I encourage you to click and enjoy for a few.

....It could be argued that this is a darker take on the challenge. I think I'd agree. I've been in a dark/funny/fighter frame of mind for a while now. It keeps me going.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to tell me what you think. I'd like to hear from you.