Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Hair Today

Good Tuesday Morning! How does this day find you? I'm starting to get some energy back; which is a very good thing. My little boy has his first day of Pre School in exactly three weeks. He has a school supply list! I'm not yet done crossing things off and any day I can summon the drive to pick up four rolls of paper towels will be greatly valued.... I could babble about all that for a while, so I won't. Instead, I'll share a sketch and a page with you. After being encouraged a few times by friends and family, I've started creating my version of a book about my time fighting cancer. Of course, the only way I could get myself to do any real writing was to create a visual aid to go with it. Ergo, I'm compiling an album that will include LOTS of journaling tucked behind the pages. One of the first pages I've made is based on this sketch:



It can be found on the blog for Sweet Peach Crop Shop -- along with loads of other fun ideas. Here is my take on the sketch:


One of the first pages I've made for my album is about my hair. I've purposely left the photos behind because I am going through a vain and highly non-photogenic phase.... Like when the moon is in the seventh house and all you want to do is eat chocolate and maybe clean your house twenty times... Yeah, that kind of phase. There is journaling in the frame, but I used a silver pen that came with the SPCS kit so it's hard to see here.

Some close ups?


This chipboard butterfly is also in the SPCS kit. I soaked the top layer in Glimmer mist, added three bits of bling to the body (also kit) and painted the bottom piece PLUS a layer of Rock Candy.



The stamps are from a RAK I received from a challenge at Bella's Creation. I was giddy to finally have a page to use them on. So rarely do I create a feminine page and these little fellas have been BEGGING to be used for so long.

Okay, I could still babble on and on, but I won't. It should be a busy day with a nap sprinkled here and there. Thanks for stopping by and having a look-see! I hope to be able to share even more, soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to tell me what you think. I'd like to hear from you.