Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Doing the December Daily

Good Tuesday Morning! How close to "ready" are you for the rest of this week? Tomorrow is going to be crazy-busy for me; what with my son's school celebration. I get to make and bring sweet potoatoes to the bash... How many four year olds do you think will try them?

Anyway, I've also been a bit crafty this month. I decided that I NEEDED to participate in the December Daily, ala Ali Edwards. I needed the distraction in November to create the album. I need the distraction of "finding the happy" in December, as I'll continue receiving chemo until further notice. Yeah, I NEED the happy! I thought I'd share a few pics of what I've created so far. You'll see that the pages are still really basic. Since I don't know how I'll approach photo arrangement yet, I didn't want to go crazy with embellishments.... except the cover. I'ma go crazy with the cover as time ticks on...

So...


I LOVE to play with paint, chipboard and die cuts. The base is actually that really thin chipboard that supports paper in a package; painted red. On top is a Technique Tuesday tile, painted silver, adorned with Prima e-line crystals. The "25" was cut with the help of the Cricut cartridge, Winter Wonderland. The remaining chipboard pieces are from Crate Paper's Peppermint line. I fully intend to add more and have a go at making a collage, but I want to make it relevant to the events, so I'm waiting.


I'm impatient! I wanted to start having Christmas fun now, so I added a piece of paper to the inside of the cover (Pink Paislee) and brain-stormed a list of activities to fill the month. You know, just in case I find a day with nothing to do. The right side was the beginning of my theme, "The Night Before Christmas." My goal is to have a strip on each page inside.




One of the pieces of G45 that I bought last year. I'm pretty sure this day will be Breakfast with Santa, so I made a pocket on the right for any extras I'd want to include.



Another pocket here, though I have no set plans for that date. I need to get over myself and make some tags for journaling, I think. The polka dot background is more G44, Playtimes Past. I about squealed when I found this at Hobby Lobby. The moment was squashed when my four-year-old declared the whole paper section "lame."


G45 Playtimes Past, some kraft paper for journaling....


A mix-mash of the G45 and K&Co paper, plus the story at the bottom....


Flip side of the K&Co and back to the Peppermint line. I gotta say, I'm happy that this has a good dose of "masculine" to it. My son is really feeling his boyish ways. Who wants to bet at some point, he'll see this album and wonder why I haven't put any skulls or cross bones in it?

There's more, but I think I got the idea of my album across. My next goal is to post completed pages every week or two; trying to keep some sort of frest content and purpose here. I hesitated to try this because I've never completed a mini album and I thought sure I just couldn't figure it out. These are fun! I want to try making more; some even girly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to tell me what you think. I'd like to hear from you.