Thursday, December 9, 2010

Finally, a crafty moment!

Good Thursday, evening! Missed me? I know, of course you have!... Yeah, I'm a bit over-confident tonight, but I'm okay with that. I've spent the majority of the past nine days doing two things: absorbing the new PointsPlus plan from Weight Watchers AND creating plans and sub plans and surprise plans in case I had to actually leave the house for Jury Duty (dun dun duuuunnnn).

In my first five days on the new plan, I lost 3.6 pounds. For me, that's none too shabby! It also makes me want to go on for several paragraphs with how much I love this new plan; but I won't.... unless it's requested of me.

Jury Duty... Woot to the hoot that cases were never scheduled either day. If they had been, I would have gone in, of course. It's a duty. There are serious penalties for ignoring it. I'm kinda curious as to how it all works. Instead, today I made some beautiful chocolate chip cookies with my young son. Again, he wanted to help in the kitchen so he got to obsess over the vanilla bottle; crack a couple eggs and open them with guidance; gradually add the flour; count to twelve as I lumped dough onto the pans; ask me every 30 seconds if he could the spoon.

When it was all said and done, we had four dozen cookies and a promise to keep. I have a very good friend who managed to talk me calm last week. I was grateful that she took the time; used her patience and training; and took the topic without batting an eye. It was a new level to our friendship and I wanted her to know how grateful I was. Being one with paper, I couldn't simply lump a dozen cookies in a Ziploc bag and call it square. Oh, no! I had to make a little gift box for them to nestle in:







The paper is a mixture of DCWV packs.
The felt flora shadow is Prima Devines.
The butterfly was cut with my Slice many moons ago; and decorated with Prima E Line bling. I love that stuff!!!!!
The lace is from Joann's. I was on a lace kick last Spring and have so much now just hanging around.

I found the tutorial for this amazing idea on Frosted Designs. I knew instantly that this was a project I'd want to take on many times. I rather dig my first attempt; but I'd love to do so much more. This is one of those crafty projects that I'd recommend to ANYONE who sees a lot of paper crafting magic on blogs, but doesn't feel very crafty on their own. The patterned paper packs available at local stores makes it so easy to make something so quick and easy. Seriously, check out the tutorial and give it a try. Cheaper than tins, AND you don't have to figure out where to store the lump of a container, either.

Aside from this, I'm looking forward to getting back into the swing of reading my favorite blogs soon. Now that I've got a bit of a rhythm with planning and tracking my food choices during the day, there's time for that quiet joy.....Until I can kick myself into gear with plotting time for regular physical activity. OH! And the looming resolution to do a loose version of home-schooling my son until we're able to enroll him in Pre-School or Kindergarten. Ack! Thank goodness I used to be a teacher by profession or else this moutain would be waaaaay bigger than I could handle.

5 comments:

  1. First off, good luck with your diet and congrats on the 3.6 pound loss! It must be hard during the holidays with all of the special baking. I love the box you made and just love the lace that you added. I myself have invested in some beautiful lace also from Joanns. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your box! You make it look so easy! I think I might even give it a try!! Thanks for the wonderful FD shout out! It's good to see that people actually try the ideas we put out there!
    Barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, i really love your box! Thanks for inspiring me.
    http://scrap-tintim.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really adorable gift box and love love love the lace on it! Baking with your son sounds like loads of fun! Have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the weight loss. I'd say that's will power to make cookies and not eat every single one! LOL. Great gift box to serve them in, too.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to tell me what you think. I'd like to hear from you.