Saturday, May 28, 2011

Finally! A Crafy Moment!



Good Saturday Morning! If you've guessed, "Gee, someone is full of perk and pizzaz this morning," you'd be right. That someone is even me! Evidently, it's a good thing to only get about five hours sleep because your child has a stuffy nose and doesn't crash until midnight..... Then wake up at 5:30 in the morning....

On the upshot, it's made for a low-key morning and I was able to negotiate some crafty time. I haven't been in the mood much lately to create. I've had up days, but just not up to crafting. Then, I was healthy enough to visit my MIL last weekend. She, my nephew and my son dug holes and planted trees. I sat still and photographed whatever I could. I wound up getting quite a few photos that I really want to scrap, as long as I have the energy to do so.

And on that note, as far as my health goes, I do have increasingly more energy to do so. I get a little better with each round of chemo (going for my fourth next week). I'm making physical progress that keeps my spirits up, even when I'm tired enough to fall asleep playing with my son. In another week, I'll be able to provide visual proof to my doctor of exactly how much of the cancer has been removed from my body. I have hopes there!

Now, back to being crafty!

I made this:



It was inspired by an page I liked at scrapbook.com:

http://www.scrapbook.com/myplace/index.php?mod=galleries&u=376301&m=view&id=3245357&type=-1&page=1&r=1

And, it turns our she got her inspiration from a sketch site:

http://www.sketchsupport.com/

It was fun to go through my stash. I wanted to solely use the Toy Box collection, from Crate Paper, but they didn't have the right shade of blue and green, so I combined it with the Little Boy collection, by Echo Park. I do enjoy both collections so much that I think I'll have to find a way to restock both in my stash. I'm starting to fret about the day I run out!

Okay, I know that this isn't my usual par for blogging. Normally, I'm a lot better at making pretty links and adding images of sketches used. That lack of sleep is starting to catch up to me and I'd really like to lobby for nap time.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to tell me what you think. I'd like to hear from you.