Thursday, May 5, 2011



Good Thursday afternoon!I thought I'd share a happy moment with you, today. As is true with most of mine, it's about my son. He turned four last month; a few of the gifts he received were boxes of Legos. About a week after his birthday he got this great idea to just build one of his favorite cartoon characters, SpongeBob SquarePants. He pretty much insisted on doing it all on his own, too. Each time I tried to help, he'd politely tell me, "Actually, Mom, we're going to do it a different way." Eventually, I stopped meddling. It was about the time that I noticed he was completely in control and truly didn't need my help after all. Babies really do grow up so fast, don't they?

*sigh*

I was so proud of his end result, I snapped a few really good shots with my camera phone to add to Facebook. I even managed to scrap one last week because I was feeling super healthy. Unfortunately, it printed washed out -- needed new ink! Here's the page of my son with his prized creation:


He posed like that naturally. I swear I didn't direct him! I used green Glimmer Mist on the background for interest and a whole lotta Toy Box, by Crate Paper for the fun of it. The alphas are Basic Grey, Life of the Party. The sketch is by Jana Eubank; one I've been wanting to use for weeks now:





LOL, evidently, it's a bit tiring to write a blog. Silly but I think I'll go back and get a second nap before my son returns from daycare. I finished up a round of chemo earlier today and have been trying to eat and rest since.

See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to tell me what you think. I'd like to hear from you.