Confession of a Challenge Junkie: What I'm sharing today is my submission for the June challenge at Scrap the Boys. This month, the challenge is to use a photo, 5x7 or larger. I LOVE using large photos, and I knew that I wanted to use a large photo of DS and my dad after getting the Easter Sunday tie to submit to the human will. Also, Holy Moly, I got The Boy into a tie AND smiling! However, there is more to the story, so there is a complimentary page that I will share tomorrow. It is focused on other challenges. Then, because I like how the two look together, there will be a third post, just showing that. If I didn't love challenge sites so much, this would have been much more straight forward.
Anyway, on with the share?
- I attacked the background with a texture stamp that I've owned for about six years. I hardly ever use it, but today must have been it's lucky day.
- My little monsters are fussy cut from a sheet of Fancy Pants, Be Different paper.
- The "Be Different" is cut from the branding strip. It's a message I want my son to absorb often, so I'm trying to incorporate them whenever I can.
- These layers included more fussy cutting (that little banner on the bottom), a very distressed plaid paper ruffle and a left-over strip of glittered paper.
- Also, may we have a moment of silence for my little Prima edger that was torn apart while inking that glitter paper. Literally, it's in two pieces now....
- The bits of vellum are leftovers from the creation of the coordinating page. I cannot bring myself to waste a single bit of vellum that I stocked up on, so even my mistakes are getting reused whenever possible.
And that pretty well sums up this page. Thanks for looking! If you're interested in learning which supplies I've used, most will be linked in my gallery post at scrapbook.com You're more than welcome to return tomorrow, if you'd like to see the rest of this three-ring circus! ;)