I have another page to share with you. This is my submission to the White With 1 challenge; pomegranate. This is what I came up with:
This was a fun (read: slightly crazy) page to put together. When the prompt was first posted, I had no specific photos in mind. While I really wanted to work with a nice dark red (again), I had to make myself wait until it all clicked for me. Finally, there was a moment of fun in the back yard....followed by some fun with my favorite photo editing app, PicsArt. After messing with the Color Splash option, picking out the red in their shirts, I knew I was ready to begin this challenge. Then came the....
Confession of a Challenge Junkie: At the same time, I really wanted to use one of the prompts in the June Page Maps challenge at scrapbook.com. Problem: You can't combine other challenges with White With 1 prompts. I had to make a choice. Obviously, we can tell which I chose, but this is why I've got the woodgrain in the background:
It's actually a combination of stencil + modeling paste + mist (added to the paste for color) + a layer of ink on top to darken the red further.
Originally, the photos were supposed to print out smaller, to follow the sketch more closely, but they were cut off and just bad. In order to see people, I had to print larger. Grr! Still, I like it, because I can actually see what's happening.
Aside from the buttons, all of the other elements were pretty much "findings" on my crafting table. They've been lurking between several months to a year. I've tried adding them to countless pages, but they never worked. This was their day!
I believe that's everything I wanted to say. The product list is so short and/or hard to find, I might as well share here:
- woodgrain stencil: Prima Marketing
- mist (mixed with modeling paste): Tattered Angels, Red Velvet
- ink (dabbed on top of dried modeling paste for more color): Prima fluid chalk edger, Lady Bug
- red text embellishments: Theresa Collins (I'm pretty sure on that one; they really came from a Scraptastic kit), Family (something.... I'm horrid here)
- other red text/arrow: Basic Grey; (pretty sure) Bow Ties
- red label: Studio Calico printable
- Title alphas: Jenny Bowlin and October Afternoon
- Pinked circles: Jenny Bowlin
- airplane strip: Echo Park, That's My Boy