Tuesday, May 18, 2010

That's close enough! (a weight-loss entry)

Okay, naughty blogger form 101: I wrote this last Tuesday. I REALLY wanted to post a picture of how I altered my weigh-in book for Weight Watchers; but head colds, potty training, and that feeling of "something missing" in the design prevented me from posting the same day. Oops!

Anyway, Happy Saturday to me and my two followers! *waves*

.................

I made a few goals for myself to accomplish in 2010. One of these goals was to lose half of the eighty overall pounds I "need" to lose. As of last night, I've lost 29.2 of those 40 lbs. Last night, I put that point two onto the end of that 29...as in that's all I lost this past week...0.2 lbs....

To be honest, I was pretty sure I was going to have a gain, so that tiny loss is okay... but I was really secretly wanting a gain. THAT would have been a result I finally felt I earned. In the last few weeks, I've had great losses, but never felt that I had earned them. A tiny gain would have made sense and set me straight.

The more I thought, though, the more I was able to see how (for me, anyhow) such a small loss could be as motivating as a gain. I know I work hard all week long. I could work harder and have to create an exercise plan that will make that happen; but I work hard to make sure I pay attention to what I eat. I work hard at evaluating whether or not I actually need to eat or address an emotion or situation more carefully. I create head-games to maintain balanced nutrition. I make a point of running after my child, thinking of all the calories I can burn... and because I love him, of course.

So, on this fresh Tuesday, of my brand new week, I hear some favorite lyrics replaying in my head. I find they keep me going on the right track:

Life I embrace you!
I shall honor and disgrace you!
Please forgive if I replace you;
you see I'm going through some pain.
But now I see clearly;
And the dawn is drawing nearly.
Even though I'm human and it's early
I swear I'll never forget again.

Oh, and since I got the thumbs up on my creative moment...

And this is my blog...

I thought I'd share a little bit of crafting that I applied to my weigh-in book. Basically, it's a book cover, but it was fun AND I got to put my current favorite mantra on the front as a gentle reminder.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to tell me what you think. I'd like to hear from you.