Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Wherein Chumbawamba Plays in My Head

Does anyone remember that one song from ever so long ago?

'll be singing, While we're winning
I'll be singing

I get knocked down, but I get up again, you're never gonna keep me down
....

He drinks a whisky drink
He drinks a vodka drink
He drinks a lager drink
He drinks a Cider drink

He sings the songs that remind him of the good times,
He sings the songs that remind him of the better times,

Oh Danny boy, Danny boy, Danny boy


This would be something akin to a status update. I'm actually quite grateful that there are six people who have decided to follow my blogging ways and I have been fairly quiet on all my favorite sites lately. I haven't been too social. I haven't been too crafty. I owe a couple close friends apologies for missing their gatherings. I need to buy gifts for a couple small children who had birthdays this past week.

I'll admit, I'm surprised that's it's only been a week that I've been quiet. It feels much longer; like a month. It all started out fairly fun. We celebrated Father's Day. We celebrated our eighth wedding anniversary. THEN, I got hit with some pretty intense and specific pain. By intense, I mean a couple things:

* I am hard-headed and pretty well refuse to take pain relievers unless I know that I will be a puddle on the floor without them. The most I took while in labor with my son was one shot of Stadol; and he was quite literally a pain in the butt! For the kind of pain I had this past week; normally I'd simply walk it off and keep going. Maybe indulge in a dark chocolate candy bar, too. Instead, I took four Advil at a go and passed out for a few hours in the middle of the day.... For four days in a row.

* I am also a comfort-eater. When I'm stressed, or uncomfortable enough, I will try to find a happy place in just about any snack food you can imagine. Lately, that would even include a plate of broccoli; but it's comfort eating all the same. Instead, I consumed about 500 calories each day. Even if I had had the strength and determination to track that for Weight Watchers, it would have been supremely low.

Both of these left me feeling pretty week and uninterested in joining the human population for a few days.

On the upshot, at my weekly weigh-in I learned that I'd lost a little over four pounds for all that. Not great news in the long run, but as someone working hard to lose a lot of weight, I'm trying to keep a sense of humor about it. I'm also trying -- starting this morning -- to again record and be incredibly mindful of what I eat on a daily basis. I want to be sure that I'm at least trying to bring myself back to a healthy center; because I'm pretty sure my body is going to try to make up for lost time pretty soon.

Mainly, I wanted to establish that I'm not flaking on this blog I started. I have genuine plans and want to fulfill them for a long time to come. Hope you'll hang in there til I get up again.

1 comment:

  1. I'm in it for the long haul as long as you are! Heck, if you go tooooo long without posting or commenting I'll probably stalk you until I find out why. Just warning you now. Consider it payback for now getting that song stuck in my head!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to tell me what you think. I'd like to hear from you.