Friday, February 18, 2011

Friday Finds 5: Because I love HER and HIM

Good evening! Technically, it's still Friday so I'm giving myself credit for being on time.... for a deadline and routine that only I am holding myself to. So silly! AND, so not in top form. I've been...hurting for the past two weeks. It's taken a toll on my ability to craft, blog and participate in life in general. That's not what you came here for, is it? According to the title, it's a Friday Find! And it's all about love.

I know this amazing woman who is also an amazing author. She blogs but she's also written her own fictional masterpiece. Going by many names, she's best known in the blogosphere as Wicked. I've been folowing her for several years, back to the days when I thought MySpace was cool. She's always been cool and I've continued to follow her wherever she blogs. It was so thoughtful and heartfelt that I asked her permission to share it on my blog.

Oh, and as I mentioned, she is also an author. It is definitely grown up content, but I was able to read it bit by bit as she shared it so long ago. It is an excellent piece, well-written and keeps you interested. You may wish to check it out.

And one more thing? She's also breaking into crafty endeavors. Wicked (aka CK George) also paints wine glasses; custom to your order. They're very pretty:



Annnd, as the title mentions, I also love HIM. "Him" would be my son. He turns four in several weeks. In this house, that means it's time to start talking about the party. As far as he's concerned, as long as he gets a cake and a pinata he will be a happy camper. Theme be hanged! Unless he starts caring about decorations and theme soon, it's up to my husband and I to make that choice. Enter Spider Man!



No, I didn't make these, but they are supposed to be cakes on stickes, made to look like Spider Man's head. Wanna know who does make these? The store name is "cakepopcastle" and I spy so many cute treat ideas! I sent her an email today with some follow up questions because this looks sooooo cool! If this is a bust, I may have to learn a little something about that smooth stuff they put on cakes -- fondant, isn't it? See?! THAT's how much I need to learn! All for the love of a little boy.

And thus concludes my Friday Finds for this week. I really hope to be back to my usual crafty/bloggy self soon. It might be another week, though. *le sigh*

1 comment:

Please feel free to tell me what you think. I'd like to hear from you.