Saturday, September 11, 2010

A Heavy-Hearted Day Shall Be Spent Remembering the Light

Good Morning! Did anyone else feel that thud in their hearts when they awoke to realize that the numbers on the calendar will be rather potent today?

September 11, 2010....

I was -- and am -- a fortunate American, in that I did not lose any loved ones on that day, nine years ago. Still, it was a profound day because I'm an American.

I should add at this moment that, if you're looking to read a memorial blog, this is not one for you. I don't want you to waste your chosen goal here today. I'll be looking for those blogs later in the day, but I....cannot write one at this time. It's because of the choices I make.

Today, when part of me still seeks to open the wound and feel the shock and horror again, I will want to read. I will want to grieve. I will want to participate. But a grand chunk of my day will not be set aside for all that. A grand chunk of my day will be spent communing at the local Renaissance Festival. There will be laughter and games in my day. I will choose to seek the joy that I have been gifted because I am still alive and I do still live in a country with -- more or less -- the same liberties I have always treasured.

Today, I will do what I (and my family) do at any funeral. I will celebrate life more loudly than I will weep for it's end.

On that note, I'll also be participating in an online crop at Pages In Time. If you're so inclined and you have time in this major weekend, I invite you to join the fun.

Already, I've been able to create a couple fun pages because of this crop and would like to share them with you:



This was created for Barbara's 2 Page Layout Challenge. It was based from a sketch design by a woman who goes by the name SuperAllyFan at scrapbook.com. I had a bit of fun removing the centers from the Prima flowers and adding blingy centers. The title was created with the help of the Cricut Winter Wonderland cart. The branch behind it is from the same cartridge, cut on grunge paper (one of my new little obsessions!).

I also finished up this page for a separate challenge, since the mojo was going so well.



The blue lace flower was inspired by a tutorial from an incredible crafter, Beverly. I will need to come back and share the link to her super-easy fabric flowers later in the day. My "me time" is about to come to an end.

As I'm starting to feel crunched for time, I'll just thank you for taking the time to look and read, if you did. It's my hope that you are able to find some measure of joy and peace today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to tell me what you think. I'd like to hear from you.