Friday, January 7, 2011

Dem Bones





Good Friday Evening! Just a simple post tonight. I had made a commitment last week to create a page based on this sketch:



And, while it's most definitely too late to enter into their weekly challenge, here's my take:



Last week, we took advantage of gifted tickets to the local children's museum. DS had the most fun assembling this rubber 2D skeleton. At first, it was the shortest li'l almost-human you ever did see. Once he saw that there were "extra parts," he worked on figuring out where they were supposed to go.

.....I should feel more chatty tonight, but I'm mainly just sleepy. I'm just beginning to feel my crafty groove return and this page is fairly self-explanatory.

The paper is Bo Bunny, Mama Razzi collection. The alphas are part of the pack; but I covered them with Distressed Stickles. Both skulls with crossbones (hinges, too!) are part of a Tim Holtz grunge board packages I've had for a couple years now. I painted them with Distress Crackle Paint and added a couple rub-ons on top for a bit of detail work.

If you took the time to look and read, I thank you. You're too kind! Now go, enjoy the rest of your evening and weekend with something REALLY fun!

7 comments:

  1. Great LO!! I love your hinges and the brads you used on them! The crackle paint was the perfect touch for the grungeboard accents!
    barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the mammarazzi line...cool layering. Fun grungeboard treatment, and your title is great! This is one thing you can check off your to do list! You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome take on the sketch! Love all the blues

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great sketch but I really love YOUR LO! It looks so cool and the grungeboard rocks :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Bo Bunny paper is fab. Love those hinges and the grunge look. Awesome.:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a really cute layout... I love all the blue on blue! I found your blog through scrapbook.com and I am now following your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Momma,
    That's a really fun LO! It matches perfectly with the smiling kid in the photo.
    Thanks a lot for visiting my blog. I will try to add a translator in my page, so next time you can go beyond the pictures :)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to tell me what you think. I'd like to hear from you.