Friday, January 28, 2011

Friday Finds -- Second Edition

I thought about titling this post, "They call me, Ishmael," because one of my finds this week is something I've been searching for over the past few months. If I say The Color Room, what do you think of? For some, it might be simply a colorful room. For others, it's probably a cute color palette. For me, it's been, "Goodness, I think most of these combinations I see posted on a variety of blogs are so flipping cool! I simply must find the home of all the cute graphics and sources of inspiration!" I hunted often. I was eluded often....until this past week! So, I offer you a chance to find it, too. You know, if you also referred to yourself as Ishmael and have been looking for a rather lovely whale. I'm new there, but if I understand correctly, they post a new color challenge each Friday. Here's what I found last week:


My favorites, so naturally I played along and posted my interpretation previously on this blog. This is what I found for this edition:



I've also used this great sketch from Frosted Designs:



Speaking of Frosted Designs, they've kicked off a new Friday Challenge -- Monochromatic! Very cool, huh? If you're interested, follow this link here and learn how to play and enter.


I've been in a scrappy funk lately, and this sketch was so easy, I couldn't pass it up! That seems to have been a theme for me over the past few days, not wanting to pass things up. It's also been referred to as the IWANT monster. Case in point, this entire line from Crater Paper:



And then there's Tim Holtz:




I've been making myself avoid the Prima blogs a bit, kinda like chocolate chip cookies. Me want! Oh, speaking of cookies, Etsy put up a new blog with a great recipe for Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cookies. Yum!

To go with those cookies, why not a nice cup of tea? Micupoftea posted two great blogs recently. One has information on loose tea while another has this cool link to learn about caulking your paper crafting projects. I know!

Now, there's also a birthday woman on the loose! Tiffany, aka Breakfast @ Tiffany's!, is having a lengthy birthday celebration with fun challenges all her own. She's a fun paper crafter, too. Check her out.

Dare I forget one last! Sketches In Thyme is having an open challenge this week. Get more details here, but the gist is that you choose the sketch you use to inspire your page. Share a link with them to your entry for a chance to be a top 3 or winner!

Annnd, now I'm off to see why DS is sleeping in so well. Could be that his body finally wants to catch up on rest (been sick) but who knows?

3 comments:

  1. You are full of fun and exciting things today! I agree with you... the color room color combos are amazing!! They use colors I wouldn't think of putting together and really challenge me to try new things! Thanks for the great shout out for Frosted Designs! We love having you there playing along!!
    Barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And then there is Tim Holtz is right! That man will put me in the poor house! Stop by and visit me, I just became your newest follower! Have a great and warm evening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wanted to stop by and tell you "THANK YOU for stopping by my blog!". As soon as I learn how to become a "follower" you will definitely be on my list....WAY UP AT THE TOP! BTW, Your blog design is ABSOLUTELY STUNNING!....Patty

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to tell me what you think. I'd like to hear from you.