Thursday, January 6, 2011

Tanenbaums and Guest Design Team Reveals




Good Thursday Morning! How's the first week of a new year treating you? Happily, I'm starting to suspect I'm getting back into the swing of things. I even have a crafty project to share (and two more to finish up)! Wanna see it? Of course you do.

This is my first submission as a Guest Designer for Sketches In Thyme. It's based on this sketch from Jana Eubank.


By itself it's a beautiful sketch, isn't it? Here's my take:



Simply put, it's our Christmas tree this year. My son (three-and-a-half) had a lot of fun helping me place the ornaments. For a little while, those were the best three days of his life (because I purposely drag out decorating the tree for that long). The paper is almost entirely Graphic 45; Christmas Past and Renaissance Faire.



The three flowers and bronze flourish are handmade by Stephanie. You can find her Etsy here.

I cut a couple 12.1 strips from one of the G45 papers and played with a couple distressing techniques. I crumpled the strips until they were pliable, then golded and glued them down to look like pleats. I also inked the folds in the pleats and stapled them down.


Sorry you have to tilt to look! At the bottom of my pleated paper, I attached an origami Christmas tree. I saw this tutorial on Practical Scrappers in November and swore I was going to try it. Fun and easy! The paper is from an old-ish pack of K & Company with Stickled red ornaments all over the place.



The title piece is a combination of Technique Tuesday chipboard (died with a mixture of Glimmer Mists and water on wax paper), older K & Company paper, Prima bling and Stickled accents.

And that's all I have for today. Be sure to check out all the amazing pages based on this sketch at Sketches In Thyme! Create one yourself! I look forward to seeing what everyone makes.

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful layout!! Love the lace along the edges, great job with the pleated strip, and that origami Christmas tree is fab-u-lous!!! So happy to have you as a guest designer over at Sketches In Thyme!!! You did a fantastic job with the sketch!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those gorgeous flowers on your beautiful page. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to tell me what you think. I'd like to hear from you.