Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Age 4







Good Wednesday Morning! I know, two posts in two days! Don't worry, I won't always spoil you like this. In fact, I'd be surprised if I go anywhere near a computer on Thursday and Friday; and I'll spare you the details there.

I created another page recently that is related to my son's upcoming fourth birthday. Yet again, I saw a fun sketch at Creative Scrappers and just had to do something with it.



And my take:


I know, technically, he's not four yet, but he's close enough. I had a moment of Mama Pride, watching him assemble some legos into vehicles all on his own. That set was age-ranged for kids 7 & up, I think. He's not even four and he took the initiative to actually LEARN how to assemble them into an armored car and semi truck. It was a blast to watch his brain compartmentalize the car sections, build them backwards, learn what happens when you skip a step.... *sigh* *beam*

Okay, onto the materials? Excellent!

The patterned paper and chipboard pieces are part of Crate Paper's new line, Toy Box. I swore it would be mine. I batted my eyelashes all pretty like....then learned that wasn't necessary and it was mine!

I inked the edges of the paper pieces with Distress ink. I splattered Glimmer Mist Chalk all over the place. Happily, I painted the photo frame with Distress Crackle paint, after layering the "age" chipboard sticker above the number 4.


I'd love to ramble on more. No, really, I would. The sugar from my Lucky Charms and caffiene in my coffee (first dose of caffiene in over a week) are kicking in. I've got babble power. I also can't focus and sit at the same time. In case I really don't get back online for a few days, I hope your weekend is warm enough to be lovely!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to tell me what you think. I'd like to hear from you.