Thursday, March 3, 2011

Tormented Artist as Inspired by Bella Creations Nuances de Couleur

Good Thursday Afternoon! I hope this afternoon finds you as well and happy as I am. I have my usual beginning-of-the-month pep and my health is returning so I thought it was time to feed my passions... and evidently stir some long-lost loves in my son's own heart, to boot!

This is what I've spent the last 24 hours obsessing about:


It's my submission for the March Nuances de Couleur at Bella Creations. The challenge is to use the colors brown, orange, green and yellow. It's also required to include a stamped image and pop-dot something on the project. Considering the fact that I'm in a very Crayola-8-pack frame of mind, this should have been easy peasy! Once I got going, it was, but I also wanted to at least try and create something that would fit in the Bella Gallery at the same time. If you want a serious case of the wow's, go check out the gallery. Amazing, yes? They know how to set a bar!

At any rate, I wanted to show off a few of the details that I'm pleased with; like the skull and crossbones. It's the last of my Tim Holtz Grungeboard skull elements. I haven't been able to find them lately; and I don't really want to buy a package with everything to have extras of other stuff. I need a die cut of some sort because this is my favorite element to add. *sigh* I painted this one orange and then used Basic Grey Archaic stamps. I added a couple pieces of Prima E-Line bling to the eyes and used my last brown flourish from Steffanie.


Here's a close-up of the pop-dotting on the skull. I know it can be tricky to detect sometimes.


I was just proud of myself for deciding on a few Prima flowers to add. Mainly, they satisfy some odd need to add flowers to Tim Holtz tickets. It's just one of my "things" lately.




If you're still wondering what drove me to create this page, I'll dish. Two nights ago, we were present for my mom's unboxing of some Polish stoneware she had ordered (her current obsession). Two of the boxes looked so nice and clean and white and unlike the normal brown taped-up boxes. She planned on tossing them, but I couldn't bear to let such great potential go to waste. I painted one red for my son to house his growing marker collection (you know, The Rainbow Master).

He so enjoyed decorating that box that he wanted to paint the other all on his own; and I let him. Somehow, I also ignited his love of painting things. He made up and sang songs about being an artist; painting the box green; you name it! When it was all done, he wanted to paint another. I had no other. He moped and whined for about an hour; so very heartbroken that his painting was now done.

....Until this afternoon; when we discovered another box from another Polish stoneware shipment.


And that's all I have for now. I've already started the Friday Finds post for tomorrow and looking forward to posting it. Thanks for looking and have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to tell me what you think. I'd like to hear from you.