Sunday, March 11, 2012

Promised Card

Good Sunday Morning!

I kept my promise and snapped a pic of this card. Wanna see it? Cuz, you know, it's like a quarter of an inch below all this typing so there's really no way to avoid it.


This next part is a tiny bit of the reason why I haven't shared or blogged lately; the supply list. To be honest, I feel like I'm trying to be on some design team when I write it all down. What I've made myself realize is the create of "the list" is also like siting one's sources when writing a paper -- a very important thing. With that in mind....

Base: Kraft card, bought at Hobby Lobby
Pretty: Grunge Paper scrap, painted green.
I used a Crafter's Workshop stencil and Glimmer Mist to create the bricks.
More grunge paper and Cricut (Indie) for the skull -- base is Glimmer Mist (dragonfly); top is painted with Crackle Paint. Small turquoise gems are Prima E-line.
The lime flower is actually from the Prima tube -- that huge one with white flowers -- misted with Glimmer Mist/chalkboard. I poked a small Prima (the new Frenchy line) through the center and used the remaining wire to let Prima crystals "drip" from it.
"Beautiful" is an alpha rub on set.

Honestly, the hardest part about making this card was deciding which of my friends would get it... and "get" it. In the past, the hardest part was starting a card for fear that it would turn out "dorky." This was a nice change of pace.

I've got another "tamer" card made up and ready to send to another friend. I'll have to try getting a pic of that before I seal the envelope. I think it's easy to see which style I prefer.

Thanks for stopping by! If you're a card maker, I'd like your input on what you see. I'm really new to it but think it's becoming fun. Advice on enhancing that would be appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to tell me what you think. I'd like to hear from you.